Western Union Logo The first offices of company were located in the Reynolds Arcade building in Rochester, New York. The sign above the main entrance to the building - Western Union Telegraph and Cable Office (1932). In 1879 Western Union left the telephone business after losing a lawsuit against Alexander Graham Bell - the patent holder on the phone. In the early forties of the 20th century, Western Union has used the first time a commercial intercity microwave transmission system. In 1988, the company undertook a massive reorganization in response to rapidly changing business conditions. In particular, this need has arisen due to many technological changes that have taken place at that time. Company name was changed from Western Union Telegraph Co. to Western Union Corp. Western Union for more than 130 years provides money transfer services to its customers. Most service points of Western Union work in the time convenient for customers throughout the week and throughout the year.

Western Union - Location of Branches in Bridlington - United kingdom